Chapter 2: Permissions and Prohibitions
- Impermissible to break fast during Ramadhan
- Prohibited to fast for a woman in her menstrual or post-partum bleedin
- Obligatory to break it when it is required to save a person’s life
- Recommended to break fast for one who is ill and fears harm from fasting.
- Recommended to break fast when one is traveling
- Permissible for one to break fast who begins a journey while fasting
- Permissible for a pregnant or nursing (breast feeding) woman
- Change of condition of a person doesn’t obligate one to refrain from eating and drinking the rest of the day.
- Prohibited to fast a voluntary fast instead of an obligatory one.
Fiqh of Fasting
Chapter 1: Fasting in Ramadaan